Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hey everyone, My name is Gabriel Brownell and this blog will be about my time in Seville, Spain.

Here is the first day's account including arrival the night before...
   The trip to ORD (Chicago O'Hare) we done by bus and I was accompanied by my mom. We said our goodbyes after getting the tickets at the check in counter. Security was the usual and I headed down to good ol' Gate K19 where I found Donelle from Platteville. We asked around if others were from SAIIE but most were from CEA and from other study abroad programs. After a while Hannah showed up and the three of us Plateville students started talking excitedly about the flight and our future activities. On the flight the two seats next to me were not occupied so I had a little more room. A few hours in Donelle came and sat with me and we talked and had fun. There was no sleep. At Barajas we went straight to the terminal and because I had done it before we had some followers from the Chicago flight looking for the right place to go. Once terminals HJK were found we wandered around.



      We made it to Seville just fine except for some extreme exhaustion and without our checked luggage. It should be in later today. We took a taxi to our home after arrival in Seville and then went to a meeting point where others from our neighborhood were. We went to the school and then walked back to the meeting point. Today we went to the school for an orientation meeting and then wandered about to la Giralda before returning to see if the suitcases had come in yet. The food is great and far healthier than the food back on campus. Tonight we have plans to go to a flamenco show.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! I look forward to your updates and photos! I LOVE the photos that some might consider inconsequential ... the arrival/departure, the innocuous station. Smooooooooooooooch.

    ReplyDelete