Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Well it's been rather uneventful for the past week. The garbage strike did end and they're still in the process of cleaning up the garbage. It actually smells worse because the new trash is gone and the older trash is now exposed. But it's better because the mountains on the way to school are no reduced to overfull dumpsters. I don't know the details behind the strike but it seems to be going all over Andalucia. I've heard complaints that it's not fair that the garbage workers can fight for less cuts and more pay and better hours while those who have studied and now work for the government currently make less than them. I think it would be better if the government would quit being corrupt as it really seems it is. (22 million Euros taken by the PP government according to the documents).

Last Thursday was the bike ride. We were to be 15 people but only 3 showed up. Oh well, it was more fun with less people to keep track of. The bikes were nice little folding ones and they had about 6 gears so they were fun to ride. We traveled to the Olympic stadium and back and both ways we took the bridge built by Santiago Calatrava. Yesterday was the ice skating day, I fell a few time but it was good fun (not as cool as bikes though).

Last week I also went to see "La Vida es SueƱo" at the theater by the University of Seville humanities building. I was also shown where to find the Geography department there.

My internship is on stand by since the company I was originally going to be with decided to not go through with the whole thing. Now I'm waiting on some scheduling for two possible classes to take at the University of Seville. Still, I don't have any details on what I would actually be doing there aside from being in a laboratory.

In recent news the Pope quit his job and that hasn't happened in almost 600 years it would seem. I wonder what he would use as his name now since he had to chose a new one for his Papacy.

Last weekend I traveled to Cordoba to see my family. They fed me well and I feel as though I could not eat for a week. The train was only 13/05E and would have been 20E for a round trip. I do intend to go to Madrid for a bit though the details for that are time dependent and currently out of temporal range. There are talks among my group of friends to travel to Barcelona and Andorra and maybe some other country like Germany but that is still under construction. I think it's best to wait to plan that after the Lisbon trip in two weeks. This weekend is the Cordoba trip and the plan is to stay the night at a hotel (at least the others will) while I go home for the night. We would take an afternoon train back home on Saturday. The following Friday after a week of tests is the Ronda trip which is followed by Lisbon, Portugal.

I really do enjoy it here and perhaps one day I'd live here. I'm not sure since I can't possibly know what will occur in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment